COLUMBUS — As the holiday season starts, many make plans to visit family.
If you are thinking about traveling by air and are looking for the best fares available, read the details required by the carrier to travel safely and review CDC guidelines. The Better Business Bureau also has tips for travelers to think about before your trip is booked.
Before clicking the button to buy tickets, BBB recommends the following:
• Make certain everyone who is traveling has the appropriate ID. The deadline for the TSA-required Real ID has been delayed to Oct. 1, 2021; however, make sure parties traveling together have a current compliant ID as required by each state.
• Read all cancellation policies carefully. Not all situations, including a pandemic, require a full refund of the ticket value and fees. Each online travel agency, airline and broker is different.
• Book tickets only after reviewing travel restrictions. Save time and stress by reading the updated status of restrictions on the Centers for Disease Control website.
• Consider trip insurance. Have a complete understanding of what the policy does and does not cover.
• Be an informed traveler. Refer to the Department of Transportation website for details on consumer issues, filing complaints and other aviation information.
During the holiday season or any time of year, find ways to travel safely and avoid scams. Check bbb.org for