November 19, 2020
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAVEL TIPS
(SANTA ANA) – Holiday travel may look different this year, and airports across the country are implementing safe travel measures for what is traditionally a busy travel season. Passengers traveling through John Wayne Airport during the Thanksgiving holiday between November 20 through November 30, 2020, can expect to experience a number of measures designed to keep Airport guests safe.
“As passengers take to the skies this holiday season, we encourage everyone to be mindful of safe and healthy travel practices said Chairwoman Michelle Steel.” “Passengers are encouraged to review the Airport’s Healthy Travels practices and plan accordingly to avoid delays and enjoy stress-free holiday travel.”
- TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Learn more about the TSA “Stay Healthy, Stay Secure” campaign here.
- Passengers wearing face coverings during the TSA screening process may be asked to adjust it to confirm identity.
- Know the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more TSA Thanksgiving travel tips here or a list of frequently asked TSA questions here.
- Enroll in TSA Pre✓® to expedite screening and reduce touch points.
- There are specific rules and exceptions for