WASHINGTON, DC – The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) today released the “Safe Stay Guest Checklist” for guests on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide. This checklist is part of AHLA’s Safe Stay guidelines, an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols designed to provide a safe and clean environment for all hotel guests and employees.
The Safe Stay Guest Checklist includes:
1. Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
2. Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins, and payments.
3. Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
4. Request contactless room service delivery.
5. Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
“The top priority for the hotel industry is the health and safety of guests and employees. Utilizing